ELECTRONIC VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEMAs part of our on-going efforts to provide effective security for our students and staff, please be aware of new visitor procedures.
Please take a moment to review these important guidelines for our visitors:
All visitors who are entering a school with the intent to go into the school building must enter through the main office and register. You will need your driver's license to register.
The visitor identification system will then run a background check, and a visitor badge with your photo will then print in the main office.
You will be given your visitor badge in the main office, which must be worn while in the building.
When leaving the building, visitors must return to the main office in order to be checked out. This will allow us to know at all times which visitors are in the building
These procedures are only in place for visitors who are requesting access into all school buildings within the Octorara Area School District.
As with any new procedures, we anticipate that there may be glitches in the beginning that we need to resolve. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we move forward with our efforts to make all of our schools a safe learning environment.NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
For needed documents to volunteer in the Octorara Area School District click the following linK:
Prior to providing volunteer service, the volunteer will provide the following to the District Office or his/her designee:
- A Criminal Record Check from the Pennsylvania State Police
- An original Child Abuse History Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare
- Criminal Background Check (FBI)
- Volunteer Acknowledgement of Policy No. 916/Volunteers and Policy 806/Child Abuse
- Employee/Volunteer Self-Reporting Commitment Form (PDE-6004 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form)
- Negative tuberculosis test results required if over 10-hours of volunteer service per week
TYPES OF VOLUNTEERS
Summary of Volunteer Policy: #916
· Works directly under the supervision of a teacher or administrator
· Does not provide direct services to students or have unsupervised contact with students
· Any individual who voluntarily provides a service to the district for a single events
· Works under the general direction of a teacher or administrator
· Provides direct services to students and may, from time to time, be reasonably expected to have unsupervised contact with students
· Work under the general direction of a coach or student activity sponsor employed by the district
· Directly supervises students and may, from time to time, have unsupervised contact with students
Homeroom parents/ guardians , classroom celebration, field day, etc.
Volunteer tutors, chaperones, etc.
Volunteer coaches, trainers, musicians, etc.
Clearances: Act 34
Only if exceeds 10 hours
Only if exceeds 10 hours
Employee/Volunteer Self-Reporting Commitment Form (PDE-6004 Form)