Octorara Intermediate School
Parent-Teacher conferences are right around the corner - November 12 & 18, 2020. Click here for more information about parent-teacher conferences at OIS - Parent Teacher Conferences - Click here for information in Spanish - Parent Teacher Conferences - Spanish.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com or call the main office at 610-593-4608 if you have any questions.
Support Your School
Box Tops for Education
The Octorara Intermediate School is continuously collecting Box Tops and Labels for Education!
These can all be turned into money and points that can help our school purchase items such as new playground equipment, school supplies, technology and more!
**Box Tops for Educations:
Some common brands and products to look for Box Tops on are:
-General Mills cereal (Cheerios, Chex, cinnamon toast Crunch)
-Betty Crocker (cakes, cookies, brownies)
-Ziploc (storage bags, food containers)
-Hanes (socks, t-shirts, underwear)
December 4, 2020
OASD HEAD LICE PROTOCOL:
Please remember to notify your school nurse if your child has head lice
- Building will maintain CONFIDENTIALITY
- Students with live lice OR viable nites may stay in school and will be referred for treatment at the end of the school day
- Siblings will be inspected and parent notified
- Treat promptly removing ALL live lice and viable nits
- MUST be escorted by parent upon return and rechecked by school nurse before returning to classroom
- School nurse is authorized to require proof of treatment and may exclude as needed
- ***No more classroom head lice checks
- ***No more "Head Lice Notification" letters sent home
- PLEASE BE PROACTIVE!!! Perform weekly head checks on your child, encourage pony tails for students with long hair