Career Portfolio Requirements and Timeline Guide and Forms
Career Plan Portfolio Guidelines and Documents - IMPORTANT DOCUMENT PRINT FIRST
Create a Career Plan Portfolio. Each portfolio should contain the following items:
- Binder Cover with Student Name and Program
- Binder Dividers
- Complete Career Plan Form the first year in the Octorara Homeland Security & Protective Services Academy
- Cover Letter
- Resume using template
- Participate in an Interview
- Career Preparation:
- Copies of Industry Certifications
- Career Experience Summary
Each item must be completed in its entirety, using proper grammar, complete sentences and in your own words.
A reume is a work in progress. You will update it as you get new jobs, certifications and achievements.
Where you see an **** on the resume template you will replace this with your own information (example: **** High School will become Octorara Area Senior High School).
Some things to consider in the EMPLOYMENT section of your resume:
- For a summer job, you can list the date as Summer Employment 2014
- If you are still working at a company the end date is PRESENT
- If you do not have a job include volunteer work (ie: fire fighter) or delete the section.
If a section or bullet does not apply to you, remove it from the resume.