The school emblem, designed by Hunter Gaul, appeared on the dedication brochure for the dedication of the first Octorara building on November 19, 1956. Each item on the emblem has significance.
Octorara Brave - Centers attention on the shared history of the area. Octorara became the official name of the district; the Brave became the school mascot.
Stalk of Wheat - Recognizes the agricultural nature of the area and the promise of a future harvest.
Seven Links of a Chain - Represent the seven local political entities now joined for a common educational purpose.