Class of 2013 Graduation
June 7, 2013 @ 6:30 pm at Octorara Area High School
Click on the link below for the end of year schedule for seniors and information on Graduation Etiquette.
The Octorara Area School District uses a system called Powerschool to allow parents to monitor their children's progress online. The website is accessible from any computer with internet access. In order to gain access to your child's grade, please contact email Cheryl Todd to receive sign-on information at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you have obtained your user name and password, you may log onto powerschool by clicking here.
The Counseling Office is now on Twitter at OHS_counseling. Sign up to follow the counseling office and get all the latest updates.
Today is Thursday, May 23 - Day 1
SENIOR EXAM SCHEDULE
· Young Ladies please know that the tight fitting knit dresses & skirts are NOT PERMITTED to be worn in school. If you are reported, you will be asked to change or you will sit in ISS for the day. ALSO – you are not permitted to wear head coverings during the school day.
· Attention all students.
o Students are not permitted in the Junior High School during the school day unless you are attending class. Students caught using the snack machines during school hours will be subject to disciplinary actions.
o This is a reminder of the current cell phone policy in place. Cell phones may only be used between periods. You should not be on your phone in the hallways when class is in session. And remember: texting only, no phone calls!
o For those of you who eat lunch in the cafeteria there are a few things that you need to be reminded of. The first of these being that you must stay in the seating area of the cafeteria during lunch. If you need to use the restroom you must ask to do so. We will not allow students to hang out in the hallways. If there are college or military representatives set up in the hall we will allow a few students to visit at a time. For those of you who choose not to abide by these guidelines please understand that leaving the cafeteria without permission is considered to be cutting class and will be dealt with as such.
o Are you one of those obstacles still in everyone's way? Are you still hanging out in the center hallway between classes? Starting today, teachers and the administration will be aggressively writing people up for loitering there. Go to class, and if not, just get out of the way so other people
· Attention student drivers:
o It is now time to have your vehicle registered and permit displayed on your mirror. If you drive and are caught without this you will jeopardize your privilege to drive to school. Please be responsible and register your vehicle.
o Please be reminded that there is a reduced speed limit when arriving and leaving school. Transportation security does keep in contact with the high school administration. They report students who are speeding, driving recklessly, or any other unsafe offenses. Those students who are reported to be driving in an unsafe manner will lose driving privileges immediately and for an extended period of time.
· ATTENTION SENIORS:
o Don’t forget to give your 4 graduation guest names to Mrs. Bolger, by May 31st.
THIS IS A REMINDER THAT YOU MUST HAVE ALL LIBRARY OBLIGATIONS TAKEN CARE OF BY MAY 24th. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS TAKEN CARE OF, YOU WILL NOT WALK AT GRADUATION. AGAIN YOU WILL NOT WALK AT GRADUATION.
o The votes are in and the senior class song and class flower have been picked. The class song is On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons and the class flower is a Lily
o Please be advised that if you do not have a FINAL exam for a particular period you must still be in attendance for scheduled classes.
o If your ordered graduation stationary you may pick up your items in Mrs. Scroggin’s room, MS 312. Each senior must pick up his or her own items.
· Attention Juniors!
o If you have not yet turned in a copy of the mandated physical exam for this year, please see the nurse ASAP. Any junior who does not turn in the mandated physical exam will not be given senior privileges next year until this requirement is met. See the nurse with questions.
· Attention girls basketball players: There will be open gym nights in the high school on Tuesdays from 5:00-6:45 and Sundays from 5:00-7:00. All interested players are welcome.
· Cheerleading tryouts will be held on TODAY from 3-5 pm in the high school cafeteria. You must attend tryouts all three days. Any questions see Ms. Pitts in room B117.
· A reminder to everyone who attended the prom. Lifetouch Photography captured great photos of you at the prom and they are available for viewing and ordering online at www.lifetouchevents.com. Type in your password MJJNZ and view your photos today!
· Student Council Election for Officers will take place in Homeroom TODAY.
· Nickel Day will be Friday 5/24/13 during homeroom.
· For anyone interested in running cross country in the fall, there will be a brief informational meeting in Mr. Taylor's room immediately after school this TODAY. See Mr. Taylor with any questions.
· DO YOU NEED A SUMMER JOB?? Are you 18 years old or a high school graduate? A Christian camp in southern York County needs summer staff - lifeguards and counselors. The camp website is http://www.campdonegal.org/ There is information about the camp and about employment on the website.
· The final NHS meeting will be on Thursday, May 30th after school in Mrs. Bartal’s room to hand out graduation cords to seniors and for elections of next years’ officers. If you are interested in serving as an officer next year write a paragraph of no more than 50 words that describes which office you are interested in (president, vice-president, treasurer, or secretary) and why you would like to serve in this capacity. Please submit this statement, in person, to Ms. Pitts no later than Tuesday, May 28th.
· This announcement is for chorus students who are taking their final today. See Mr. Johnson if you need a pass or just want to check the time of your final.
· It's not too late to get YOUR copy of the 2013 yearbook. The cost is $65 and can be purchased in the library.
OCTORARA’S GOT TALENT
Friday, May 31, 2013
Contestants from grades 7-12 are eligible to audition. Parent/guardian must be present with contestants under the age of 18. Parent/guardian must sign registration form if any performer is under 18 years of age. The official audition guidelines and the registration forms are attached below.